Pilgrimage & Cultural Tour of Italy
This is a personal itinerary custom designed by Liz Romeo Shachtay exclusively for Fr. David Wathen OFM and tour participants.
Featuring “The Footsteps of St. Francis of Assisi.”
St. Francis of the desert Island, assisi, La Verna, Gibbio, Rieti Valley, Greccio and Fonte colombo.
The great cities of Milan, Verona, Venice, Padua, Bologna, Florence, and Rome.
The country roads of Tuscany with Lucca, Arezzo and Cortona.
YOU NEED TO KNOW
Flights leave from Vancouver International Airport.
- Airport transfers in Milan and Rome in luxury coach for group
members arriving within a reasonable amount of time as the
- 16 night accommodations in 4 stars hotels in single, twin or
double room with private facilities.
- 16 buffet breakfasts and 16 dinners
- Two lunches, La Verna Sanctuary and Greccio Sanctuary
- All sightseeing and entrance fees as per “visit” in the itinerary
- New private boat for 3 hours for Lake Como
- Private boat to St. Francis Island for 4 hours
- Parmiggiano and Prosciutto tasting
- Taxi in Assisi to visit San Damiano Convent
- Orvieto Cable Railway Tickets
- English-speaking tour director from arrival in Milan to
departure day in Rome
- Air conditioned motor coach with the services of a Government
licensed English speaking professional tour guides in Milan,
Lake Como, Padua, Venice, Bologna, Lucca, Pisa, Florence,
Arezzo, Cortona, Assisi, Gubbio, Montefalco, Orvieto,
Greccio, Fonte Colombo, and Rome
- Mass will be celebrated every day. It is optional and your choice
if you wish to attend mass.
|Day 1||Depart Vancouver/Arrive Amsterdam|
||Milan – Simione (Lake di Garda) – Verona – Padua|
||Padua – Venice – St. Francis of the Desert Island – Padua|
|Day 6||Padua – Bologna – Parma|
|Day 7||Parma – Langhirano – Carrara – Lucca – Montecatini|
|Day 8||Montecatini – Pisa – Florence – Montecatini|
|Day 9||Montecatini – Arezzo – Cortona – Assisi|
|Day 11||Assisi – Gubbio – La Verna – Assisi|
|Day 12||Assisi – Cascia – Montefalco – Assisi|
|Day 13||Assisi – Orvieto – Rome|
|Day 14||Rome – Rieti Valley – Greccio – Fonte Colombo – Rome|
|Day 15||Rome – Vatican City – Rome|
|Day 18||Rome – Vancouver/Calgary|